It’s Family Day here in BC, and I am thinking of “all my relations”—those who have come before me, are here now, and who will follow.
I am so grateful for those who are here with me:
- My 16-month-old niece Ida who is inspiring me to reach beyond my limits and constantly seek new possibilities
- My younger brother Quinn who is inspiring me to laugh more, no matter what life brings
- My older brother Matthew who is inspiring me to create more, and use my voice with intention
- My sister-in-law Skanda who is inspiring me to be patient, and to love everyone unconditionally
- My eldest brother Will who is inspiring me to live courageously, with positive focus
- My girlfriend Sandie who is inspiring me to open up to love and joy in life
- My mom who is inspiring me to recognize my own power and use it for good
- My dad who is inspiring me to live a life of service and awareness
The vast majority of those that came before me, I’ll never know. But their impact on my life is immeasurable. Their hopes and dreams, as much as their fears and misunderstandings, have shaped me and the world I live in.
And those who follow will, in time, see me as I see those before me—one of the many who handed them this world before moving on.
What can I offer to these people of the future?
- I can recognize and hold true at the same time both the relative insignificance of my life in the vast timeline of the entire universe, as well as my immense potential and the power I have to shape the universe
- I can see every being as my family, part of a much larger system of interdependence
- I can live a life of service and cultivate that which benefits this extended family
- I can be open to questioning everything, so I remain yielding and adaptable
- And I can persist, with this positive obsession, channeling my energies towards creating an inspiring future for my entire universal family
What are you creating right now in your life and how will it shape the lives of those who follow you? What will be your legacy?
I’d love to contemplate this with you—don’t hesitate to contact me.